Friday, March 26, 2010

Wine from my collection: Acacia Pinot Noir


I'm a big pinot noir fan. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of really most any kind of wine, but I find pinot noir goes with about everything, especially in a Southern California climate. Merlots and cabernets are often too heavy for a 75-degree-day, I often forget to have a bottle of white chilled and ready, so a nice, light, well-balanced pinot noir will save the day.

Acacia is one of my favorites, one I keep in my mental library of wine. Several years ago, I dated a real jerk. My friends still speak longingly of throwing him off a bridge. This wine was the one good thing I got out of that relationship (that, and an ability to spot a real jerk). This was one of his standard wines, as well. In the early, good days between us, I have fond memories of cracking open a bottle of this and having actual conversation on the sofa. Fortunately, I've managed to erase the mental connection between him and this wine, because it really is a good one, and doesn't need to be sullied by the association with assholes.

It's also one of the very few wines I'll consider paying over $20 for. I've found it for anywhere between $18 and $26, depending on the market, and is worth it every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment