Monday, April 19, 2010

Wine from my collection: Vinum Cellars 2006 Chard-No-Way Chenin Blanc


According to winegeeks.com, Vinum Cellars "creates some of the best wine in California not named chardonnay or merlot." I'll support that. This is a cheap surprise ($12) that I grabbed during the oft-lauded BevMo buy-one-get-one-for-five-cents sale, chosen essentially at random. It was chosen at random again this weekend, when I wanted a bottle of wine to go with my roasted cauliflower pizza and grabbed the first non-chardonnay-or-riesling bottle I came to in my wine cellar. ("Wine cellar" = three cases of wine shoved into the corner of my pantry with a waffle iron and some Miracle-Gro balanced on top.)

It was a lovely surprise. Crisp, bright, and it held up well to the pizza. I don't know why chenin blanc isn't more popular. I'm eager now to try some more of their wines.

No comments:

Post a Comment