Friday, September 9, 2011

Beet lasagna




I had all these beets in my CSA that I needed to use up, but I was tired of my usual beet options: salad, pizza, risotto. So I threw together this beet lasagna.

It's roasted sliced beets layered with goat cheese, lasagna noodles, and beet greens, with some parmesan cheese and basil on top. These were lovely golden stripey beets, so they weren't too beety and didn't turn everything red.

Caveat: don't use the no-boil lasagna noodles like I did. Be sure to use the regular kind of noodles, or fresh. The no-boil ones are too tough for this dish, since there's no liquid to soften them up like in a regular lasagna.

1 package of lasagna noodles
1 bunch of beets (4 medium size ones), roasted, peeled and sliced
the beet greens
1/2 log of goat cheese, mixed with 2 tablespoons heavy cream to make it more spreadable
parmesan

Layer the ingredients as so: goat cheese in the bottom of an 8x8 pan, noodles, goat cheese, a few beet leaves, beets, parmesan, repeat. Like this:



Add parmesan on top. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or so.


This is a small lasagna, maybe 4 servings. On the plus side, I used up an open box of lasagna noodles I had left over.

No comments:

Post a Comment