Monday, September 26, 2011

Cream of celery soup



I had a dinner party the other night, the last we'll have in the current place. In an effort to use up as much stuff in my fridge as possible before the move, I decided to start with a cream of celery soup (since I had about 3 pounds of celery I needed to use up, courtesy of my CSA).

3 tablespoons butter
1 lb celery, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 potato, peeled and chopped
Vegetable broth
1/2 cup cream

Melt the butter in a large saucepan and gently saute the onion and celery until softened. Add the potato and broth, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes or so, or until the potato is cooked through. Let cool. Puree in your food processor. (You can make ahead up to this step, refrigerate, and then heat through prior to serving.) Reheat gently, add the cream, and garnish with celery leaves or parsley. Salt and pepper to taste.



No comments:

Post a Comment