Friday, March 12, 2010

Wine from my collection: Cedar Creek 2006 Reserve Meritage


This is another gem I picked up on last summer's travels, purchased in British Columbia--Cedar Creek 2006 Reserve Meritage. It's a fruity, almost jammy blend of Merlot (43%) Cabernet Sauvignon (38%), Malbec (9%), Cabernet Franc (8%) and Petit Verdot (2%), aged in 70% new French oak. It drinks quite well by itself--in fact, I think I prefer it by itself to drinking it with food, food masks a lot of the sublteties.

One of these days I will definitely go back for a longer British Columbia wine tour. All the wines I had while in Vancouver were superb, and none of them can be found or purchased in the US. I'm not sure why that is, but it tells me that another road trip is in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment