Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Wine from my collection: Eden Vale 2003 Claret


I use the term "collection" loosely, as it is really just "several boxes of whatever was on sale." I have about a case left from the various wines I bought on last summer's road trip, plus another four or five cases of assorted miscellaneous, thanks to BevMo's buy 1, get 1 for 5 cents sale. Woo hoo!

Anyway. Last night I decided to pull something from the road trip case, and thought I would start sharing what I'm drinking with all of you. First up: Eden Vale 2003 Claret, purchased at a wine shop in Ashland, Oregon last July. It's 67% Merlot, 18% Cab Franc, 11% Cabernet Sauvignon, and 4% Malbec, and retails for $29. (Okay, not the cheapest wine in my collection, but what's left of the road trip wines are going to be the high-end purchases.) Very silky, very fruity, aged in new/neutral French oak. It went surprisingly well with my leftover mac and cheese (made with stinky cheese, of course!).

No comments:

Post a Comment