Friday, May 13, 2011

Carrot pizza, Thai-style





This is an interesting pizza. "Interesting" in the sense that it's good; but I found myself missing the cheese. However, it's a great vegan dish, it's low-calorie and light, and would make a great appetizer as well.

It's basically pureed cooked carrots, with Sriracha, coconut milk, and fresh herbs. I cooked, then pureed, the carrots. On the pizza crust, I spread a little olive oil, then the carrot puree, and cooked it like I would a regular pizza. While it was cooking, I opened a can of coconut milk and set it to boil, to reduce it by about half (coconut cream would also work, without the reducing).

When it came out of the oven, I added a fair amount of Sriracha, and drizzled the coconut milk over that (maybe 1/3 cup of each) and topped with chopped fresh cilantro and mint.


No comments:

Post a Comment