Sunday, May 1, 2011

Grapefruit-Campari sorbet



Last night's dinner party was a smashing success. I'll post more about it later in the week, including the menu and the rest of the recipes.

For now, I'll leave you with this: grapefruit-Campari sorbet.

Isn't it a gorgeous color?

And despite being made from two very bitter ingredients, it was sweet enough to be refreshing, and still bitter enough to be identifiably grapefruit and Campari-based. An excellent palate cleanser at the end of our meal--and, I imagine, a very refreshing treat on a really hot day.

Plus, you only need three ingredients.

Adapted from David Lebovitz:

3 cups fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice (I squeezed four big grapefruits and two oranges, since I didn't have quite enough grapefruits)
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup Campari

Heat the sugar with one cup of grapefruit juice, stirring, until the sugar is dissolved. Add rest, chill thoroughly, and follow the directions for your ice cream maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment