Friday, February 17, 2012

Blue potato and corn hash


I used the last of the blue potatoes I got at the farmer's market for this. I really have to get some more; they're so beautifully colored.

The recipe called for spinach leaves; but I was out of frozen spinach. Instead, I used a combination of parsley and cilantro for the greenery.

5-6 blue potatoes, diced
2 cups frozen corn
3 cups fresh spinach leaves; or one box of frozen spinach, thawed, with all the water squeezed out; or a combination of fresh parsley and cilantro
3/4 cup shredded cheese (I used gruyere)

Boil the potatoes until cooked through. Drain well. Heat some vegetable oil in a large skillet, and cook the potatoes until crispy and browned. Add the corn and the greenery. Cook until the greenery is just wilted; season well with salt and pepper; and stir the cheese in and mix well. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment