Wednesday, October 10, 2012

New Orleans redux recap




New Orleans was awesome, as always. I got to spend some quality time with my sister and her family. My new nephew is cute as a bug (he only pooped on me once). We saw Kermit Ruffins live at Vaughan's, ate turtle soup and bread pudding souffle at Commander's Palace, ate hot sausage and cheese po' boys at Gene's, and caught some live jazz at Three Muses. I drank my weight in Abita beer, and DH managed to have at least a little fun. Seeing Kermit was the highlight of the trip. I want to spend every night dancing in smoky bars to live jazz/soul.

Commander's Palace was less awe-inspiring than I thought it would be. I think the takeaway of the trip is that fancy dinners are nice, but you really get into the soul of a place when you hang out in its dive bars and barbecue joints. We spent far less money this time around, mostly because we were seeking out po' boys and jazz bars more so than going to all the great restaurants in town.

Also, my feet still hurt from all that dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment