Thursday, February 21, 2013

Prepping for a long stretch of working



I'm going to be working for the next ten days straight. That's great, I need the money, and what with my husband gone and all, it's not like I have anything else to do.

That does mean I'm going to be tired and not very much in the mood for cooking, so I swept through the kitchen yesterday and attempted to tie up some loose ends.

Bananas, gone brown: into the freezer, for a future batch of banana bread
Half of loaf of bread, going stale, and some milk, almost going bad: became french toast for breakfast
Bunch of cilantro: became lime cilantro rice
Bunch of sage and bunch of thyme: hung to dry
Bag of mushrooms: cooked
Bag of brussels sprouts: cooked

I thawed some sausages, so I can throw together a quick meal (sausage plus mushrooms plus rice plus sprouts) or a quick salad (greenery plus eggs and/or cheese).

I may make some brownies, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment