Monday, May 10, 2010

Cranberry-blood orange margaritas

This weekend I had a few people from work over for a pre-wedding cocktails thing, and I found myself contemplating the state of my liquor cabinet, which is now officially down to vermouth and grappa. How to have a cocktail party without buying a bunch of stuff?, I wondered. So, first I chilled all the champagne I had left (three bottles). Then I took the last half-bottle of tequila and resolved to make a batch of margaritas.

Here's the recipe, such as it is:
2 parts tequila
1 part triple sec
juice of one big lime
juice of one blood orange
1/2 part cranberry juice

Shake and serve over ice. For the first batch, I also added what was left of a mini-bottle of Chambord, so if you wanted, you could also add 1/2 part of that. It added a nice raspberry hint to the background. Of course the measurements are to taste, so feel free to play around with the final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment