Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Homemade ranch dressing

I haven't willingly eaten ranch dressing since puberty, I'm much more of a good olive oil and good balsamic vinegar as a dressing type person, but I recently discovered my stepson-to-be loves ranch dressing. And garlic croutons. So I made a big batch of both this weekend, hoping to tempt him into eating salad. (It didn't work.) But the ranch dressing was good.

3/4 cup buttermilk (you can also substitute the same amount of regular milk, with a couple of tablespoons of white vinegar or apple cider vinegar thrown in)
a little mayo and/or a little sour cream, depending on how thick/runny you want the final product to be--you can leave it out entirely with no loss of taste, but it will be runny
chopped chives and parsley
one garlic clove
salt

Peel the garlic clove and mash it into a paste with the salt. Put this in a jar and add the rest of the ingredients. Shake well. Season with salt and pepper as desired.

1 comment:

  1. My husband is addicted to Ranch. Blech. However this sounds delicious. I may surprise him and make it!

    ReplyDelete