Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Lemon focaccia with lime-coconut salt



I used to date this guy who baked amazing focaccia bread. At the time, I thought that was the sexiest trait I'd ever seen in a man. Then one day he dumped me, for still-murky reasons. But hey, I got a good focaccia recipe out of it. Here it is.

I added a few slices of thinly-sliced lemon to the top (make sure you wash it well, to get off the wax) and a couple teaspoons of a lime-coconut smoked salt I bought on my travels last summer. Be sure to add the olive oil to the pan before the salt: I reversed the order and ended up with really salty crusts, because the olive oil washed all the salt to the sides. I took it to a brunch in Boston and it was a big hit!

I recommend making two batches, because you'll need to taste some "just to make sure it turned out right," and then before you know it, you'll have eaten most of the pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment