Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Roasted root vegetable soup


Here are the root vegetables I roasted:
1 butternut squash
2 celeriac
3 rutabagas
1 big white turnip
1 big parsnip
2 heads of garlic
Several potatoes

To roast them, just cut them in half and place them cut side down on a little olive oil in a 375-degree oven. Roast until you can put a fork all the way through them. Let cool and peel, then chop roughly.

I sauteed an onion in olive oil, then added all the cut-up roasted vegetables, with enough vegetable broth to float the whole thing. I let that cook down for a little while, to blend the flavors, then pureed the whole thing in my food processor (in batches, mind you) and put it back in the pan. I added a little more broth to the puree, then the seasonings: mainly curry powder, with some cumin and paprika, and salt and pepper. I served it with a sprinkling of parmesan, and some sauteed rainbow chard on top. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment