Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Chicken curry


You know there aren't many shortcuts in my kitchen, but Thai Kitchen curry paste is one of them. Mix a big spoonful with a can of coconut milk and some fish sauce, and you've got instant thai curry.

I had some chicken that needed to be used up, so I combined a little chopped, cooked chicken with a bag of frozen peas, three sliced carrots, and half an onion with the thai curry, above, and served over basmati rice. The beauty of the Thai curry is that you can use whatever you have--all veggies, or tofu, or shrimp, or beef, or pork, or whatever. All of the above. Peas, carrots and half an onion just happened to be the veggies I had on hand. I've also used mushrooms, eggplant, zucchini, green beans, you name it.

Homemade Thai curry is the only thing that can satisfy a craving for Thai food (that doesn't involve going out and buying Thai food, which isn't really an option out in the 'burbs anyway).

No comments:

Post a Comment