Friday, December 16, 2011

Cranberry syrup, and then cranberry sauce


I made two things from the exact same batch of cranberries: cranberry syrup, and then cranberry sauce.

The cranberry syrup is for cocktails, and is just simple syrup (equal parts sugar and water, stir over heat until the sugar dissolves) with cranberries in it. I let the cranberries steep until the syrup had cooled all the way down, then strained them out and put the syrup in the fridge.

Then I thought, "Hey, there's nothing wrong with these cranberries. Most of them are still whole, and they've been soaking in sugar water for like two hours. I bet I could reuse them in cranberry sauce, and I wouldn't even have to add sugar!"

So that's what I did.

I made this cranberry sauce, without the brown sugar. It was yummy. And I felt all frugal and stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment