Friday, June 8, 2012

Crustless mushroom quiche



Part of household management is paying attention. Every couple of days, I look at everything in the refrigerator, to see what might be on the cusp of going bad. Yesterday's foray reminded me that I still had several containers of restaurant leftovers to process.

So I used a huge plastic tub of sauteed baby mushrooms, and the rest of my eggs, to make a crustless mushroom quiche.

6-7 eggs
2 1/2 cups sauteed mushrooms
3/4 cup milk (I used watered-down heavy cream, which is not exactly the same, but hey, it's all I had)
1/2 cup shredded parmesan
Seasonings: salt, pepper, dried herbs

Combine well. Pour into a buttered pie dish, and bake at 350 until the center doesn't wobble anymore (close to an hour).

Easy, low-maintenance, delicious. Now I just have to get some more eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment