Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Daiquiri (the original)



I'm back! Sorry about the lack of posts for the past two days--it's been difficult to come up with the time (and new content), what with working 60 hours a week on my feet and all. Neither DH nor I are eating much these days (I eat a lot of staff meal at work, he's not eating because he's unemployed and depressed), so I haven't been cooking much.

But family is coming to visit this weekend, so never fear! Exciting stuff is on the way!

In the meantime, let's talk about daiquiri. The original version, that is, not the frozen-drink-girly-fruity variety.

An old-school daiquiri is just rum, lime juice, and simple syrup. Shake and serve up, preferably in a chilled glass. That's it. No crushed ice, no strawberries, no blender required. Rumor has it this was Ernest Hemingway's favorite drink.

1.75 oz rum
.75 oz lime juice
.75 oz simple syrup

Shake with ice, strain, and serve up.

1 comment: