Friday, November 12, 2010

Cookbook review: The Wine Lover Cooks Italian


Yet another in the Wine Lovers series, which I love (because I'm a wine lover). This particular one may be a bit hard to find, as I think it only went through the one printing. If you find it, snag it.

It breaks down the regions of Italy (Piedmont, Veneto, Tuscany), with signature recipes from each region, paired with that region's wines. Italian wine, like French wine, can be a bit impenetrable for the newbie American wino; the labeling is wacky, much different than what we're used to, so it can be hard to figure out what it is you're actually drinking. But, as evidenced by my state of near-constant inebriation when I visited Rome, it's a topic well worth a little research. Books like this make it a little easier to figure out.



No comments:

Post a Comment