Saturday, January 8, 2011

Meyer lemon whiskey sour


It's Meyer lemon week here at Broke Foodie!

Well, not quite, but I found a box of Meyer lemons at Costco the other day, and I'm in foodie heaven right now as I explore all the many things I can do with Meyer lemons. For those who don't know, Meyer lemons are kinda like a cross between a lemon and an orange, with a little bit of honey and thyme thrown in.




Aren't they pretty? They smell divine, too.

Step one: explore the cocktail possibilities.

I made a whiskey sour with good bourbon, Cointreau, and the juice of one of these beauties. The proportions are about two parts bourbon to one part each Cointreau and lemon juice, but that's highly variable, depending on how sour/sweet you like your cocktails. Play with it until it tastes right to you. Add a cherry (I used dried cherries). You could also substitute simple syrup for the Cointreau.


No comments:

Post a Comment