Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Raw collard green salad




I love these winter greens-raw salads. They're suuuuuper-healthy, quick and summery, and the longer they sit, the better they taste (which is perfect for taking leftovers to lunch the next day).

1 head collard greens, ribs removed and chopped
a handful of walnuts
a handful of grated parm or Romano

dressing:

1/4 cup walnut oil or olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic
1 tablespoon dijon
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
salt and pepper
garlic powder to taste

Mix, add to collard greens, top with walnuts and cheese. Let sit one hour for flavors to meld and dressing to soften greens.

2 comments:

  1. Numero Uno!
    Yes I agre with you.Nothing as good as quick clean green salad.Good combination you found:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why I have never thought to have a raw collard salad? I love kale salad and other winter greens; this is a great salad. I did add some finely minced red onion to the salad and a half of clove of minced garlic to the vinegars, before making the dressing. Delish!

    ReplyDelete