Saturday, January 28, 2012

Pasta with smoked salmon, capers, and cream sauce



I had some leftover smoked salmon in my fridge that needed to be used up. (Not a common occurrence, I assure you.) I was also feeling lazy, and didn't want to deal with cooking anything fancy. So I made this.

Five minutes to throw together, a bare minimum of ingredients, and it TASTES fancy--like I spent a lot more effort on this than I actually did.

I may have to start keeping smoked salmon around, just so I can make this periodically.

1 lb penne, cooked and drained (save the water)
1 lb smoked salmon, cut into strips
1 onion, diced
4 tablespoons capers
1 cup cream
Salt and pepper
Chopped parsley (optional)

In a skillet, saute the onion in olive oil until soft. Add the salmon and cook until just opaque, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the capers and cream, and stir; add the cooked penne and blend well. If there's not enough sauce, add a tablespoon or two of the pasta water (or more cream) until it's the consistency you want. Salt and pepper to taste, parsley if you have it, and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment