Sunday, July 15, 2012

Rhuby


While I was on vacation, I went to the liquor store with my dear friend in order to stock up on a couple of things. Now, the Virginia ABC stores are not known for their wide selection. Bourbon selection tends to begin and end with Jim Beam and Jack Daniels. But, surprise, surprise! I found this stuff there.

Rhuby is shaping up to be my new favorite booze, and I have no idea where to find it up here. It's a rhubarb-based liquor, somewhere between rum and brandy, and it manages to be rhubarb-y and floral and fruity without being sweet. It's a really amazing combination of flavors, and it's awesome all by itself on the rocks.

It's also great in cocktails: I muddled blackberries and basil with Rhuby and topped it off with lemonade. Greatest summer drink ever.

Definitely keep an eye out for this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment