Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sesame noodles

Sometimes you really want take-out, I know. There have been many nights when I sat in the front of the TV, wishing like hell for General Tso's chicken or naan and samosas or a fiery green chicken curry, knowing I didn't have enough money for any of it. Which is one of the reasons I started cooking--so when I wanted samosas, I could just whip up a batch and not have to worry about the balance in my bank account. This is one of those dishes--tastes just like takeout, takes no time at all to whip up, costs virtually nothing. How can you lose?

1 tablespoon peanut butter
2 tablespoons soy sauce
Pinch cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon vegetable oil or chili oil
1 tablespoon sesame oil
½ lb cooked and cooled spaghetti
1 tablespoon sesame seeds


Whisk together, add noodles, stir to coat and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Feel free to experiment with the proportions--I tend to add extra chili and sesame oil, as I like it spicy.

No comments:

Post a Comment