Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Pecan pralines


I got this new cookbook called Salty Sweets and I'm pretty much totally in love with everything in it. Here is the recipe for pecan pralines:

1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 teaspoon sea salt (I used more)
2 teaspoons molasses
1 1/2 tablespoons bourbon
1 cup lightly toasted pecan halves

Combine everything except the pecans in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon. Boil for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and let cool just until the mixture stops bubbling. Add the pecan halves and stir them in, then dump the whole thing out on a baking pan lined with parchment paper and spread it out. (It will thicken very quickly.) Let cool completely, then break apart and eat.

YUM. And since I already had all the ingredients on hand, it cost me practically nothing. Maybe a dollar total for the batch?

No comments:

Post a Comment