Thursday, April 8, 2010

Refried bean enchiladas


I have another enchilada recipe that involves black beans, spinach, corn and salsa, but, well, I don't have any of those things right now. I have no money, thanks to the upcoming wedding, so I'm eating out of the pantry and improvising once something runs out. I DO have refried beans. So, refried bean enchiladas.

Which are ridiculously simple. Tortillas, refried beans, grated cheese of your choice. (I used cheddar, that's all I had.) Oh, and I added two frozen jalapenos I found in the back of the freezer. That's it. I made a sauce out of a can of tomato sauce and a LOT of seasonings (dried red chili flakes, ancho chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, salt, etc.) and poured that over the top and added more shredded cheese on top of everything. Bake for 15-20 minutes or so. I served with the last of the sour cream, since I was out of salsa, and hot sauce.

Cost: tortillas, refried beans, cheddar cheese and sour cream bought in bulk. One can of tomato sauce. Final cost, maybe three dollars? Serves at least four.

No comments:

Post a Comment