Thursday, June 24, 2010

Penne with chickpeas, garlic and parmesan

This was adapted from a recipe in How to Cook Everything. The original one called for linguine in garlic and oil with chickpeas, but I used penne instead and added a few additional ingredients. First I sauteed several finely diced cloves of garlic in olive oil, then added a couple cans of chickpeas to that (I buy dried beans in bulk and reconstitute, so if you do it that way, maybe two cups). I added some of the pasta water from the cooking penne, as well as some dried red pepper flakes and lots of salt and pepper. But the ensuing mixture was still a bit bland for my taste, so I added lots of parmesan when I added the cooked penne to the chickpea mix. The final product involved lots of additional cheese, salt and pepper, and a handful of fresh chopped sage, oregano and basil.

No comments:

Post a Comment