Sunday, June 20, 2010

Puff pastry cheese straws

This weekend I took my hubby and my stepson on a picnic to the canyon behind our home, where we dined on these puff pastry cheese straws, grapes, fresh watermelon, fresh lemonade, and a bottle of Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc (for the adults). We played Uno and saw a bunny rabbit. The cheese straws were a resounding hit; my picky stepson said of them, "They taste like Goldfish, only bread."

A couple of notes: I used two sheets of puff pastry, parmesan, and a sprinkling of pimenton. I didn't roll out the puff pastry, as the recipe calls for, I just pressed the sheets onto a layer of cheese and then pressed more cheese on top. Also, make sure you space them at least an inch apart on the baking sheet.

Perfect picnic food.

No comments:

Post a Comment