Thursday, July 8, 2010

Cookbook review: Country Cooking of France



Country Cooking of France  ($31.50 at Amazon) is--I'm gonna be honest--one of those really pretty, really inspiring cookbooks that gets looked at a lot but not utilized a lot. I love looking at this cookbook, and using it for general inspiration, but I think I've tried one, maybe two, recipes in here. Part of that is that Julia Child's masterpiece, Mastering the Art of French Cooking, covers so much of the same cuisine in a more user-friendly way. Part of it is that it's often hard/expensive to find truely French ingredients (duck confit, foie gras, etc.). And part of it is sheer laziness on my part. I should really dig around in this book and start adapting some of the yummier-sounding recipes. In the meantime, put this on your "It's nice to own but not a requirement by any stretch of the imagination" list.

No comments:

Post a Comment