Thursday, July 15, 2010

Italian sausage burgers with lentil-cucumber-feta salad


Last night I used up two things I needed to use up: four links of hot Italian sausage, and some lentils leftover from when I made lentil burgers a couple of nights ago. Italian sausage burgers are the easiest thing in the world: just squeeze out all the meat, mash it together into burger shapes, and cook. The meat is already seasoned! Either hot or sweet Italian sausage works, or you could get crazy and do a mixture of both. I topped mine with a little melted Jarlsburg and barbecue sauce. Yum.

For the lentil salad, I took the cold lentils and added three small diced cucumbers, a handful of crumbled feta, and a few green onion tops. I made a little dressing with 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, 1/4 cup olive oil, and a teaspoon or so of dry mustard, which I mixed together and then added to the lentil mix. Salt and pepper over all.

With my $1.99 bottle of Two Buck Chuck, it was a lovely midsummer meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment