Monday, February 28, 2011

Kale chips


Yes, these are chips made from a head of kale. I gotta say, I'm still not sure whether I like these or not. They're very crispy and salty and good, but they taste like kale. If you don't like the taste of kale, don't make these. Then again, my husband pronounced them "kinda weird" and then proceeded to eat an entire bowlful. They're like veggie chips.

1 head of kale, stems removed
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt

Toss the leaves in a bowl with the oil and salt. Spread in a single layer on a baking pan, and bake at 300 for around 20 minutes or until crispy.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh... Kale chips! Just this weekend I made some. The lady at the Natural Living Center gave me a fantastic recipe: Toss the kale with sesame seed oil, spread on your pan, then sprinkle on some sea salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, tons of nutritional yeast, and sesame seeds. Drizzle lots of lime on them. Bake in a very low oven (mine goes down to 170) for about 2 hours. These are so good you'll want to lick the pan!! My 9 year old son even devoured them. :)

    ReplyDelete