Sunday, February 6, 2011

My favorite beer


I write so much about wine, I just wanted to let everyone know that I like beer, too.

This one is my favorite: Abita Turbodog. Abita beer is made in Abita Springs, Louisiana, and as a result can sometimes be hard to find in the rest of the country. Fortunately, they seem to be getting better market share in the last couple of years. I usually don't have a problem finding it at places that stock specialty beers. It tastes like a lighter version of Guiness--the website bills it as "a dark brown ale brewed with Willamette hops and a combination of pale, crystal and chocolate malts. This combination gives Turbodog its rich body and color and a sweet chocolate toffee-like flavor." Mmmm-mmmm.

Price: anywhere from $7.99 to $11.99 for a six-pack, depending on what part of the country I'm in.

Their Purple Haze is pretty darn good, too.

My second favorite beer is the oatmeal stout my brother-in-law made for my wedding. Unfortunately, you won't be able to find that anywhere in the country (except, possibly, his basement).

No comments:

Post a Comment