Thursday, February 17, 2011

Radish salsa


Yes, radish salsa. It's shockingly good.

I served this with yesterday's Swiss chard pancakes, but this would also be excellent with fish tacos, or regular tacos, or chips, or practically anything you'd have with regular salsa. The radishes give it a great crunch, and let's be honest: you can't find a decent tomato this time of year to save your life.

I peeled and grated two great big white radishes (courtesy of my CSA) in my super-awesome food processor; and while I was at it, I added a peeled small onion and two jalapenos to the gizmo. Then all I had to do was chop some cilantro and parsley, squeeze two limes, and mix the whole thing together.

Peeled radishes (any kind)
half a medium onion, chopped
2 jalapenos, chopped
a handful each cilantro and parsley, chopped
fresh lime juice
a little olive oil
salt

Mix and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment