Sunday, June 23, 2013

The End of the Night



Sorry for the radio silence this week: it's been a long, busy one. The last two nights were lucrative, at least, but both nights were so busy I consider that blood money. On top of an already long and tiring week. I bought new tennis shoes to help with the off-hours foot soreness (did you know you can't buy tennis shoes in plain old white or black anymore? They're all combinations of day-glo neon colors), and discovered that frozen golf balls make an excellent foot massager. I also spent most of the week worrying about my cat, who wasn't eating or drinking. He seems to be fine now, fortunately, but only after an expensive vet trip and a lot of wet cat food (which I don't normally give him).

On the plus side, the week is now officially over, and I have two days off in front of me.

This drink is, quite honestly, the only thing that got me through the last two nights.

I don't know if it has an official name, so I'm calling it The End of the Night.

1 1/2 oz resposado tequila
3/4 oz rhubarb shrub
1/4 oz Cynar
1/4 oz lime

Shake over ice and strain. Garnish with lime.

No comments:

Post a Comment