Saturday, October 15, 2011

Seared tuna steak



Seafood at home, of any sort, is a rare treat for me. I don't usually purchase a lot, because in order to get fresh, good seafood, you have to pay for it, and the freshest, best stuff is the most expensive. Tuna especially--also because tuna is rapidly on its way to becoming endangered, and I feel a little guilty about eating it. So take comfort; I got this tuna only because there was a really excellent sale, and it had been months (possibly years) since the last time I'd consumed fresh tuna.

So, with that in mind, I seared the tuna steaks on my indoor grill. No trick to it--fresh tuna, hot grill, seared only long enough to brown both sides. The inside stayed wonderfully raw. I then sliced it, drizzled some good salt over it, and ate it.

That's the beauty of fresh seafood--if it's high-quality enough to eat raw, then save yourself the cooking and just eat it raw! If it's not high-quality enough to eat raw, then why are you eating it in the first place?

No comments:

Post a Comment