Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Barritt's ginger beer


A good Dark n' Stormy is one of my favorite drinks. It makes me think of summer and the ocean (regardless of when and where I'm drinking one).

Of course, I'm particular about the ingredients. Goslings rum is best, and Barritt's ginger beer is by far and away the best. It's smooth, it's sweet, it's not as aggressively carbonated or gingery as other brands of ginger beer.

The problem with that is that Barritt's is, for some reason, notoriously difficult to find these days. I haven't been able to find a steady supply anywhere for the last few years; I managed to score a couple of cases for my wedding, but I haven't had any since then. Every long once in a while I'd stumble across a bar that served Barritt's, but had no luck finding any in grocery or liquor stores. I was forced to use either Goslings ginger beer or Reeds (both acceptable substitutes in a pinch, but nowhere near as delicious as Barritt's).

But o happy day! Yesterday I discovered the liquor store near my house sells Barritt's!

I bought two cases.

I'm ready for summer.



No comments:

Post a Comment